Welcome to my Blog!

Here is a glimpse of my crazy life as a working mother & wife. You'll hear about the ups and downs of our family of four. From the triumphs to the meltdowns and all the stuff in between. Thanks for following a day in the life of our family.

We are PR friendly and love to explore and review great family friendly products!

contact us: kaylene94@hotmail.com

Friday, December 31, 2010

A year in review...

Well I survived 2010. I remember thinking that it would be a difficult year because I lost my dad to cancer in the fall of 2009. I just couldn't imagine a year without him in my life. Even though I was pregnant and expecting Baby G in the Spring of 2010, I was still coping with the loss of my dad and trying to find a way to move on but not forget.

I am proud to say a year later, that I am stronger and happier. I am a more grateful individual who does not take life for granted. I have learned to be more forgiving and more present in my day to day interactions with my loved ones. My family and my babies are my world and I feel so blessed that they are apart of my life. I have stopped trying to control the inevitable and stopped worrying about things that I cannot change. It's amazing how happy and at peace you can truly be if you let go of the things in your life that don't really matter but that you spend too much energy on. I now celebrate the little victories and try to look past the small bumps in the road. I have learned to ask myself what kind of wife, mother, sister and friend I want to be to others and then I try to live it.

In 2011, I want to continue to grow, listen more, talk about the details less and focus on what really counts most. I wish each and every one of you a very healthy and happy new year. Thanks for reading and following a day in the life of my little family. Hope 2011 treats you right!

No comments:

Post a Comment