Welcome to my Blog!

Here is a glimpse of my crazy life as a working mother & wife. You'll hear about the ups and downs of our family of four. From the triumphs to the meltdowns and all the stuff in between. Thanks for following a day in the life of our family.

We are PR friendly and love to explore and review great family friendly products!

contact us: kaylene94@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I hate it when they are sick!

I haven't posted in days because Baby G has been sick :( She hasn't been herself since Thanksgiving. She had a head cold and is teething in top of it. Monday she drank a whole 3 1/2 ounces the whole day at daycare. I was so stressed when I picked her up and realized how out of it she was. She then started to develop a horrible cough...it was so bad that she would vomit. Tuesday morning I am all dressed for work, I get my 3 year old Lady M ready and woke Baby G. I managed to feed her & get her dressed. She seemed better to me at least not as congested. I went to put her in her car seat and she started coughing and vomited all over herself and me. Needless to say I called into work, brought Lady M to preschool and Baby G and I went to see the pediatrician. The doc said she had an upper respiratory infection. She was put on an antibiotic :(  I felt so bad for her. Thank goodness she seems to be getting better each day.

Balancing my career and and being a Mommy can be so overwhelming. We don't have any family support close bye either so it makes it even more difficult. T's career isn't always as flexible as mine so he doesn't always have the time to take off when the kids are sick. Sometimes I feel like I being pulled in two separate directions. It's so hard to be at work when I am worried about my little ones. I wish one of us was able to stay home but that just isn't an option right now. T and I just try to support each other as much as possible and do the best we can for our girls. They are our world :)

Any other working Mommies out there who are struggling to juggle it all? I would love to hear about your trials and triumphs! I know you SAHM's have them too :) Feel free to share.

6 comments:

  1. It really is hardest when they're sick. I taught school for one year starting when my daughter was about 16 months old. Usually I loved it, but sometimes I felt like I was a bad mom because I spent so much time at school and a bad teacher because I spent so much time at home! It really is better when everyone is well and happy.

    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I've now been on both sides of this issue, working full-time outside the home and i've been a SAHM for almost six years now. There are daily struggles with both. Hang in there, better days are around the corner.

    Happy Holidays.
    I hope you'll consider following me back at
    http://kellityusphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone's feeling better. I, too, have one at home from school today (and he's just wandering around wondering when his bro is going to get home . . .)
    Following you and feel free to check out my blog: http://www.500placeswithkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies...the end of the week is going much better than the beginning. We are all feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she is feeling better. I just took my little one to the Dr. today. It does just hurt your heart when they are not well. I am a SAHM and sick babies are a challenge for all moms. We all rock, and caring for our babies is the most tiring and enjoying work there is.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following now, looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete